Target group - those involved with performing a test for flammable gas in preparation for hot work.
On successful completion and assessment candidates will be awarded an AGT2 OPTIO Approved Qualification
These programmes are designed to meet the initial onshore training and validation requirements for personnel preparing to work as Authorised Gas Testers for a variety of products and work environments.
JMS Consultants work with clients to tailor training to the clients specific needs across many sectors including exploration and production oil and gas companies, petrochemical and shipping companies, pharmaceutical companies, steel producers, tank cleaning and vessel inspection companies.
AGT Level 2 is required for those involved with testing for flammable gas in preparation for hot work.
There are no delegate pre-requisites for attendance on each of these courses.
All personnel who participate in gas testing training should be medically fit and capable of participating fully. The responsibility for the individual completing the course, without any adverse effects to their present state of health, lies with the delegate and/or the company sponsoring the delegate.
Delegates attending these training and validation programmes will be given a series of explanations and demonstrations which will identify what they are expected to know and do.
Validation of the delegates' performance will be against the stated Training Outcomes and will be achieved using a combination of Multiple-Choice Questionnaires and, where appropriate, observation/questioning during a practical exercise.
Delegates successfully completing the course validation will be judged to have been given the underpinning knowledge for Authorised Gas Tester Level 1, 2 or 3 to proceed to the workplace for site specific assessment under direct supervision of a competent person.
During the initial training programme delegates will gain an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of an Authorised Gas Tester.
The training course consists of the following modules and elements:
Element 2.1 Testing for hot work
Element 2.2 Relevant legislative controls
Element 2.3 Atmosphere measuring and monitoring equipment
Element 2.4 Gas testing for hot work
Element 2.5 Interpreting and documenting the results
On successful completion of the training, the delegate will be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
(1) Hot work and the production of flammable and toxic
(2) The principles of hot work gas testing
(3) The hazards and properties of flammable gases
(4) Using risk assessments and safe systems of work
(5) The implications of organisational and statutory requirements
(6) How to interpret operational requirements
(7) How to select, use and care for PPE and RPE
(8) How to work within the Permit to Work system
(9) Interpreting relevant operational instructions
(10) The operating principles of atmosphere measuring equipment
(11) The strengths and weaknesses of flammable and toxic gas detection equipment
(12) How to set up the relevant detector and confirm its correct functioning
(13) Locating sentinel styled equipment for optimum benefit
(14) How to correctly obtain a representative sample of the atmosphere being tested
(15) Gas detector pre-start checks
(16) Calibrating the instruments
(17) Detectors used for the flammable product
(18) Interpreting and documenting the results
Do you want to know more?
Contact us today on 01472 720 158 to arrange your next training course...
Do you need one of our training courses, but only have a few delegates - is your certificate about to expire and you need to attend a training course at short notice?
Europarc in Grimsby
Europarc in Grimsby